Saturday, December 29, 2012

Why this blog?


Hitherto hath the Lord helped . . .
1 Samuel 7.12


The word hitherto seems like a word pointing in the direction of the past. A few years or many years, and yet 'hitherto the Lord hath helped.'  Through good times or hard times, riches or unemployment, wellness or sickness, joy or affliction, we are told in Scripture that 'hitherto hath the Lord helped.'

But, the word also makes me know to look forward. As long as there is life 'hitherto the Lord helps' His own. More trials, more joys, more learning to do, more to share, more of Him to joy in! Until He calls me home 'hitherto He will be my help.'

2011 - March 11 - God was providentially about to change my life. 

Very ill Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Learned on Monday that it was shingles - yes, that condition you've been seeing commercials about on TV.  I had a wild and woolly case of the shingles followed by the post virus neuralgia condition (most people who have shingles don't have this post-condition).

It's now December 29, 2012, and the pain has never gone away.  Left side - center front to center back just above my waist - feels like fire burning and can't stand for cloths to touch my back (especially).  Just a very brief history of how my 'spiritual journey' began.

I'll be going to go back and forth (in time) here in this little blog and record the awesome blessings along with the rather stressful adventures the Lord and I have been on for the past 22 months.

God knows and He is always good.






1 comment:

  1. Oh, yea! You got your blog up and running! I'll be looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete