Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year ~


New Year's Day:

Today was a wonderful day with family ~ black eyed peas (of course) and cheese grits (also, of course) and good convos about the Lord's blessings to us even in the midst of some real trials!

2012 has been a year of trials, afflictions, job losses, health problems (even for the young folks in the family) and the birth of my fourth great-granddaughter.


Back again to my reflections ~
 
March/April of 2011: shingles going full force
~ Lyrica
~ L-lysine
~ lots of supplements
Dr. said the pain should subside soon ~ (didn't happen)

~ Mid April - Holy Week approaches:
I coordinate all the services - part of my job (I work at a large church); how was I going to do it this year? Couldn't stand to have clothes on my back. Hmmmm.... This could be interesting!  The church tech department set me up to work from home VPN in April! God is good and is working out details to show me that He is in control of all this. I was able to do bulletins for 10 services from home with limited trips into the office.  I was beginning to see His sovereign hand in this.

Let me add here: 
I'm never sick. This was very stressful to me - I'm always able to be at work!
God was beginning to show me that my dependence has been on my own ability
and not on Him.
 


 
January 2013:
This morning I read in "Voices from the Past" -
"If God is for us, who can be against us?"  Romans 8.31
Do not be discouraged at the difficulties and oppositions that will rise up before you when you begin resolvedly to walk with God. Discouragements turn multitudes from religion and provide a great temptation for many young beginners to turn back. God Himself will have His servants and His graces tried and exercised by difficulties and the enemy will quickly raise up storms before you as soon as you are set out to sea. But God is on our side and has all our enemies in His hand and can rebuke them or destroy them in a moment. Do not be afraid where Christ is leading the way. Do not draw back when you see His steps and His blood.    - Richard Baxter, 17th cent.

 
Hallelujah and Amen!
 
Jayne

2 comments:

  1. Great post on the happenings of last year and today! It was wonderful spending the day blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete