Thursday, February 7, 2013

~ my word for 2013 ~




On New Year's Day I was with some of my family and we decided to answer the call that a Sunday School class issued the Sunday before:

~ choose a spiritual word for 2013
 
it could be: 
 
~ a goal
~ a change
~ a challenge
~ whatever the Lord put on our hearts

~ we knew it should be a proactive word - something we would act on - grow with - walk in  - pray through - on and on and on went the discussion

~ we also knew that the Lord should choose our word for us depending on what He wanted us -  individually - to focus on in our walk with Him

A few days later, during my devotional time, it hit me like a bolt!

~ My word ~
WORSHIP

Worship is a proactive word and is a decision made regarding how I view everything in relation to God. Whatever God gives, teaches, withholds, blesses - everything - it is always the best - be careful what I do with what God gives - return it to Him with thanksgiving as an act of worship.

Meditate before God and offer back to Him everything as a deliberate act of worship.

What I do publicly is a direct result of how I live my quiet times with Him privately. Quiet times with Him are as vital as breathing. Without that, we will always choose wrongly - will always go off on our own way - will always get it backwards -

He tells us over and over in His word -

"Follow Me"
"Come unto Me"
"Trust Me"
"I am your All in All" 
Pray (to Me) without ceasing"

Why would I think that anything less would ever work?  How absurd.  How absolutely absurd! I/we have to fill our noisy world with times of quiet in worship of our King - every day - every single day.  It's not about "going away on a retreat."  It's about setting aside time every day during the midst of a wildly busy life - time alone with Him - time for thanksgiving and worship ~



 My daughter created and gave me this gorgeous necklace -
I can celebrate this focus on WORSHIP every time I
wear it and hopefully share a testimony of how it came to be.
 
She included the word WORSHIP to which she added 
"El-Shaddai" one of my favorite names for God - "Almighty God"
along with the Psalm that influenced my choice
 
"Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name;
worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness." 
Psalm 29.2
 
God does not want us to just hang on to a spiritual blessing; He wants us
to thank Him for it; worship Him in it; then share it with others as a blessing
to them; He'll bring people into our lives who need to hear.
He wants us to multiply the blessings; not hoard them.
That's part of WORSHIP.
 
Blessings,
Jayne
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This was such a great post to read! I love love love the necklace, and I love your word, the particular name you chose--El Shaddai, and the verse.
    Wonderful reminders in here. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your word. We would all be so different if we could remember to be worshipping Him through every thing we do all day every day.... :)

    ReplyDelete