Monday, February 4, 2013

. . . separated unto the Gospel . . .

 
God is leading me into some new revelations about Himself and
how I am to live my life as a daughter of the King.
It's a work in progress . . .
 
Am I "separated unto the Gospel"? Romans 1.1
 
Atonement.
Redemption.
Salvation.
Sanctification.
 
"And I, if I be lifted up will draw all men unto Myself."  John 12.32
 
 
Why has God left me here? to do what? He could have saved me and taken me to heaven.
He didn't.
Why?

"For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for
themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised."  2 Corinthians 5.14-15
 
 
Sanctification. Do I even really understand sanctification?
 
 
"My Utmost for His Highest"  - Oswald Chambers:
We take the term sanctification much too lightly. Are we prepared for what sanctification will cost?  It will cost an intense narrowing of all our interests on earth and an immense broadening of all our interests in God. Sanctification means intense concentration on God's point of view. It means every power of body, soul and spirit chained and kept for God's purpose only. Are we prepared for God to do in us all that He separated us for?
Sanctification means being made one with Jesus so that the disposition that ruled Him will rule us. Are we prepared for what that will cost? It will cost everything that is not of God in us.
______________________________
 
 
So, God is showing me that He saved me for a purpose way outside myself.
 
It's all about Him ~ 
Jesus' atonement ~
Bringing glory to Him ~
His everlasting love ~
Living a separated life ~
 
 
More later.
 
Blessings ~
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well, this makes one pause and think. I've wasted so many years.... but I know He can change how I live in the future.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The quote "It will cost an intense narrowing of all our interests on earth and an immense broadening of all our interests in God" certainly hit home for me. I've struggled with that for my whole spiritual life.

    Thank you for putting things in perspective like this!

    ReplyDelete